Search my Blog

Monday, December 1, 2008

Chicken Rendang II

Felt like having Rendang but wanted to try something different than my own recipe. I recalled seeing Chicken Rendang at Hana's house using Amy's recipe. To my surprise, it is a lot easier than my own version as it uses a lot less coconut milk & hence dried up easily. Most importantly, it tastes real good...!

INGREDIENTS:
½ Chicken - cut to smaller parts
2 tsp Curry Powder
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 Big Onions*
3 cloves Garlic*
2" Ginger*
2 Lemongrass*

2cm Galangal* (I skipped)
Some Bird-eye Chillies* (*blend)
7-8 Kaffir Lime leaves - sliced thinly
1 tbsp Kerisik (Roasted coconut paste)
250ml Coconut Milk

1 pc Dried Tamarind (I skipped)
1 tbsp Palm Sugar (my own addition)

Salt

METHOD:
1. Heat up 1 scoop of oil & fry blended ingredients*, curry powder & turmeric juice until fragrant & dry.

Add in coconut milk & boil.
Add in chicken, sugar & salt. Stir occasionally until chicken is cooked & gravy is almost dry.
Add in sliced Kaffir Lime leaves & Kerisik.
Stir until dry.

2. Serve with rice, glutinous rice or rotis.

3 comments:

  1. I like this simple version of rendang especially I don't have to blend so many ingredients. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setuju with Gert. This recipe sounds very simple and do-able. Am def gonna try make it soon. Thanks Roz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gert, Farina,
    I like it that it uses big onions instead of shallots which save me effort in peeling those tiny ones. Indeed worth trying this one.

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)