Search my Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Banana Trunk & Chicken Green Curry


The first time I tasted banana trunk curry was at a friend's gathering. It is amazing that banana trunk can really be turned to something delicious. I did not have enough of it even after my second plate of rice. Last weekend I decided to sacrifice my banana tree to satisfy this inner craving for the tasty banana trunk... can you imagine? I experimented carefully by selecting the most inner part of the trunk which is soft enough to turn into vegetables. Since I did not have shrimp in the freezer I decided to add chicken to accompany the banana trunk and it was just marvellous..!

INGREDIENTS:
Banana trunk from 1 tree (only use the inner soft edible part)
6 small pieces of chicken parts
10 bird-eye Chillies (more or less to adjust to your tatse)
4 shallots
1 tsp Turmeric powder (it will taste better if you replace with pounded fresh tumeric)
1 lemongrass - mashed slightly
1 tumeric leave - tear to big pieces
2 bowls of thick coconut milk
1 pc dried tamarind
Salt to taste
Ajinomoto (optional)

METHOD:
1. Clean & slice banana trunk thinly. Place in a pot.
2. Pound/blender chillies & shallots & place in the pot.
3. Place all other ingredients in the same pot & boil. Make sure you stir all the time to prevent coconut milk from curdling. The green curry is ready when the vegetable & chicken parts are cooked.
4. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)