Search my Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Black Glutinous Rice Cake

I have been searching for black glutinous rice flour for ages and only last week I finally found it. I got so excited and cannot wait to try this recipe which I have been keeping for long time. The owner of the recipe is Loveliana from MR.

I was shocked when the cake mixture turned up grey in color. Luckily it turned to the expected color once cooked. The taste is marvellous! It is light like chiffon but the aroma of black glutinous is really seducing! (Makes 9" round tin)
INGREDIENTS:
5 Egg Whites*
150g Sugar*
½ tsp Salt*
5 Egg Yolks
100ml Coconut Cream
75ml Cooking Oil
150g Black Glutinous Rice Flour
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Bicarbonate Soda

METHOD:
1. Beat ingredients * until stiff.

2. In a separate bowl, mix the rest of ingredients until smooth.
Mix into egg white mixture.
Pour into ungreased tube pan (I used round pan lined with ungreased paper).

3. Bake at 180C for 50 minutes.

6 comments:

  1. hi,
    good morning. may i knw whr did u buy the black glutinous rice flour? i've been searching for it too. n may i knw wht brand of jelly powder u used for the jelly cheese cake tht u made?
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,
    nice cake!
    mai i knw which shop u bought the rice flour frm? thanks in advance

    miri

    ReplyDelete
  3. dac & Anonymous (miri),
    I bought it at emart.

    Dac,
    I used Nona brand jelly for the cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi,
    thanks for ur kind reply.
    i'll try to look for it. hav a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam Roz.What's the difference between coconut cream (Ayam brand) and coconut milk (also by Ayam brand)? Can I use coconut milk instead?

    tqvm
    Zai

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zai,
    Wsalam. Coconut cream is thicker & more concentrate. Yes, you can use coconut milk instead.

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)