Search my Blog

Friday, November 14, 2008

Vegetable Dhal

This is pure vegetarian dhal which I cooked for my Indian colleague who were vegetarian on the day my Hari Raya open house last month. My colleague (CLC) was asking for this recipe during breakfast today. It is so happened I have all the ingredients available and hence cooked this for dinner tonight.

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup small Lentils
2/3 pot Coconut Milk
2 tbsp Curry Powder
1 inch Ginger - knocked
1 Potato - peeled & cubed

1 Long Brinjal*
1 Carrot*
3 Long Beans*
1 Big Onion*
1 Tomato* (* cut to small pieces)
Salt & MSG (optional)
5 Shallots - sliced
Cooking Oil

METHOD:
1. Boil lentils until 3/4 cooked.

2. Place coconut milk & curry powder in a pot & boil.
Add in potato, carrot & salt. Cook until soften.
Add in lentils & the rest of vegetables.
Off fire.

3. Heat up few tbsp oil & fry shallots until golden.
Pour into dhal.

4. Serve with rice or rotis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)