Search my Blog

Friday, July 18, 2008

Chilli Pickles

I have a lot of Bird-Eye chillies at my backyard so I came up with an idea to make pickles to preserve some of them. The recipe is originated by Junjs11 but she used green chillies.
The chilli trees were planted by Lela, my loyal companion from Indonesia, who has been working with me for more than 3 years. She has a lot of spare time so she does gardening works too. Look how her "green hands" really fruiting! So far we have collected more than 1 kg of chillies...!
The recipe is as follows, which I have modified a bit from the original version :

INGREDIENTS:
300-400g Bird-eye or Green Chillies
1 cup Water
1 cup Vinegar
3 tbsp Sugar
2-3 cloves Garlic - each sliced into 2

METHOD:
1. Boil water, vinegar & sugar.
Add in chillies & garlic for just shortwhile & off fire.
Pour into a jar immediately & capped.

2. Pickles will be ready the next day for consumption.

NOTE:
The chilli pickles above can also be used in cooking in place of fresh chillies. For example I blended the chillies with shallots, etc and cook as required. It tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)