Search my Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Fish & Chips

 I still have many kilogram of the huge Tuna that I bought recently sitting in my freezer - Fish & Chips will be a quick way to finish them. I made the potato chips from scratch which were nicer than frozen ones from the supermarket. The whole family enjoyed it so much that all gave me thumbs up.
By: Roz@HomeKreation
Source: Chikmi (HomeKreation added measurements & English translation)
Makes 5 pax
INGREDIENTS:
5 pieces Fish Fillet
5 tbsp Tapioca flour
2 Egg Whites
A plate of Breadcrumbs
Salt & Pepper

METHOD:
1.Rub fillet with salt & pepper.
Coat thoroughly with tapioca flour.
Dip in egg white & roll onto a plate of breadcrumbs.

2. Deep fry fish fillet in a flat frying pan.
Fry until golden & cooked. Flip one.

3. Served with potato chips, salad, lemon slice & tartar sauce.


MAKING POTATO CHIPS:
1. Peel, wash & cut the potatoes.
2. Boil until 3/4 cooked & drain.
3. Add pepper & salt and deep fry.

Below is how I sliced the Tuna - lengthwise and the three pieces weighted about 1.5kg, enough to serve 5 pax. It has very thick skin which I removed & reserve it for something else (am thinking to make crispy fish skin with chilies... I'll share after I make it later).

2 comments:

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)