Search my Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chocolate Banana Toffee Pie

I have been keeping this recipe for many years which is from my book collections. One of the main ingredients is homemade toffee (Dulce de Leche) which I managed to try recently here. As I imagined, this pie is really delicious and mouth watering dessert. My children were non-stop complimenting me in each bite that I felt very thrilled and paid off for my effort. However, my hubby didn't take big portion because the toffee was very sweet (of course!). At the end, there was no leftover & all swept cleaned (I had 4 pieces myself...haha LOL!)

The lovely pie recipe is from the book by Elizabeth Wolf-Cohen but I did not follow the whole recipe. Anyway it provides me the whole idea to assemble the pie and particularly the chocolate filling recipe. The crust and topping recipes are my own version.

By: Roz@HomeKreation
(Makes 10" pie)
CRUST:
200g Marie Biscuits
100g Melted Butted
- Mix well.
- Grease pie tin & press crumbs until fully covered.
- Bake for 10 minutes & cool.

CHOCOLATE FILLING:
5 oz Bittesweet Chocolate
2/3 cup Heavy/Whipping Cream
2 tsp Corn Syrup / Honey
3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Essence

1. Place all choc, cream & syrup in a pot and heat until melted & smooth.
Off fire & add in butter & VE.
2. Pour into pie crust & fridge for 1 hour.

OTHER INGREDIENTS:
6 Bananas - sliced
1 can Toffee / Dulce de Leche
Whipping Cream
Cocoa Powder 

TO ASSEMBLE (Refer to diagram below):
1. Spread toffee on top of chocolate layer.
2. Arrange sliced bananas until fully covered.
3. Whip cream untl stiff & spread on top of banana layer.
4. Sprinkle cocoa powder.
5. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.

10 comments:

  1. salam kak roz,
    cantiknya pie ni kak...! uish, rasa cam geget jer. mesti sedap, kan? pandai kak roz buat topping dia. cantik..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeerrr..... you have that wicked thing on your blog!!!! It's fattening me up just by looking!!!
    Banoffee Pie!!!
    Looks so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so tempting..like to try one day. but what's the oven temperature to bake the crust?
    Does heavy whipping cream mean double cream?sorry new thing to me coz never used b4..tqvm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous,
    (appreciate you sign your nick name after the message next time)
    Oven temperature: 180C.
    It states heavy or whipping cream, whichever can do so long whippable. Whipping cream is lighter than double cream and taste better as topping. It is a matter of preference. I've never tried whipping double cream becoz normally it is used as is but not recommended for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sori org kg..ve tu apa ye..n jk tnjuk can tofee can b a help to people like me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tarts look so good that I decided to try it out!

    However my crust could not stick despite my baking and freezing to set e crust. It still came out crumbly n I can't unmould from my tart base. Can you please advise me on that? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elle,
    I guess your crumbs must be very coarse that it does not stick together. I crushed my biscuits in a plastic bag & pressed with rolling pin - not too many at a time. If you have food processor, it will work too (using pulse setting) but do not use blender because if crumbs too fine, your crust will be too hard - it need to be little crumbly but stick well.
    Another tips is press the mixed crumbs into the tin until it is compact & smooth into shape.
    Hope you'll try again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your advice!I'd try again over e weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salam, yes what is VE??? Tried google it x seem to find the answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VE stands for Vanilla Essence. I've updated the recipe above for full term - surprise that it was a hard guess.

      Delete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)