The lovely pie recipe is from the book by Elizabeth Wolf-Cohen but I did not follow the whole recipe. Anyway it provides me the whole idea to assemble the pie and particularly the chocolate filling recipe. The crust and topping recipes are my own version.
(Makes 10" pie)
200g Marie Biscuits
100g Melted Butted
- Mix well.
- Grease pie tin & press crumbs until fully covered.
- Bake for 10 minutes & cool.
5 oz Bittesweet Chocolate
2/3 cup Heavy/Whipping Cream
2 tsp Corn Syrup / Honey
3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1. Place all choc, cream & syrup in a pot and heat until melted & smooth.
Off fire & add in butter & VE.
2. Pour into pie crust & fridge for 1 hour.
6 Bananas - sliced
1 can Toffee / Dulce de Leche
TO ASSEMBLE (Refer to diagram below):
1. Spread toffee on top of chocolate layer.
2. Arrange sliced bananas until fully covered.
3. Whip cream untl stiff & spread on top of banana layer.
4. Sprinkle cocoa powder.
5. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.