I always cook my Chicken Kurma with thick gravy but actually using thin coconut milk. The secret is using less coconut milk but generous amount of Kurma spice. This way, I'm hoping that my cholestrol will not be getting worst.
2 cloves Garlic*
½ inch Ginger*
1 Candle Nut* (*pounded)
5 tbs Kurma powder
5 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 tbs Curry powder
1 Star Anise**
1 inch Cinnamon Stick**
½ Chicken - cut to small pieces
1-2 Potato - cut to required size
1 bowl Coconut Milk
1 Red Chilli or few Chilli Padi
1 Big Onion - cut to 6 parts
1 Kesturi Lime
Seasoning - Salt & MSG (optional)
1. Mix pounded ingredients* with kurma & curry powder and add enough water to form into paste.
2. Heat up oil in cooking pot & add in ingredients marked ** & kurma paste.
Stir until the paste is fragrant and some oil appear from it. Add few tbs of water if it too dry, at anytime before the paste is properly 'cooked' (indicated when oil appear from the paste). This is an important step to ensure tasty Kurma.
3. Add in chicken & potato & 2 scoops of thin coconut milk and stir well.
Add in seasoning, stir & cover until chicken & potato are cooked.
4. Add in remaining coconut milk, chilli, big onion & tomato & boil for a while.
Switch off the fire & squeeze lime juice.
5. Serve with rice or rotis.
~ Mee Udang Goreng...
1 hour ago