Search my Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Chicken Kerutub

Usually I made my own Chicken Kerutub spice mix but since it is Ramadhan I had very limited time for cooking after returning from office. Therefore I had to make do with instant spice mix. Sungkai (means breaking off fasting) in Miri today was 6.30pm and just imagine how rushing it is for me everyday.

INGREDIENTS:
½ Chicken - cut to pieces
1½ Big Onions*
2 cloves Garlic*
2 inches Ginger*
1 inch Galangal*
3 Green Chillies*

2 tbsp Kerutub Spice Powder* (I used Garam Masala instead)
1 tsp White Peper corns*
1 tsp Black Pepper corns* (* blend with a bit of water)
1 Cinnamon Stick**, 3 Cardamon**, 5 Cloves**
1 Lemongrass - knocked
few tbsp Oil
½ cup Thick Coconut Milk
Salt & MSG (optional)

METHOD:
1. Heat up oil and fry lemongrass and spices marked** until fragrant.
Add in blended ingredients & fry until fragrant.
Add in chicken, coconut milk, salt & MSG.
Stir until thicken.

2. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)