Search my Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Chilli Squid

I found this huge soaked squid in the Hypermarket and thought about Chilli Squid which goes very well with Nasi Lemak.

Before cooking the squid you need to parboil it to soften it. Do not over cook or it get toughen like plastic. Another tip that my mum told me do not put Belacan in the cooking as it will smell funny (I never tried but just obeyed my mum's advice)

Recipe by: Roz@HomeKreation
INGREDIENTS:
1 Squid (I only use half of the squid above)
1/2 cup Chilli Paste*
5 Shallots* (* blended together)
1 small Big Onion - sliced into rings
1/4 cup thin Coconut Milk
1 tsp Tamarind (add with water to form juice)
Salt, Sugar MSG

METHOD:
1. Boil some water in a pot.
Slice squid to small size and pour into the pot & cook for few minutes until it is soften.
The moment it is soften, off fire. Do not overcook or it will get toughen.

2. Heat up 1/4 cup oil & fry chilli paste mixture.
Stir fry until chilli paste is fragrant and oil emerged to surface.
Add in big onion ring & stir for short while.
Add in tamarind juice & coconut milk & boil.
Season to taste with salt sugar & msg.
Add in squid & cook only for few minutes & do not cook too long.

3. Dish up and serve with Nasi Lemak or white rice.

TIP: Some people may like to add Garlic but I personally find that it tastes better without it on this particular dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)