Search my Blog

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pumpkin / Pumpkin Leaves Masak Lemak

I was thinking about this dish and it was just like a dream comes true when my SIL brought me a pumpkin from her kampung and I found pumpkin leaves sold in the open market on the same day.

This is how pumpkin leaves look like. This much cost RM2.

I must be crazy about pumpkin that I cooked two pumking dishes on the same day. This is just simple fried vegetable with shrimp:
Here is how I cooked my Pumpkin Masak Lemak:


INGREDIENTS:
½ small Young Pumpkin - skinned, diced & steamed
Young Pumpkin Leaves
5-10 Chilli Padi
3 Shallots
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
½ pot Coconut Milk
Salt & MSG

METHOD:
1. Place all ingredients, except pumpkin & leaves, in a pot.
Boil & add in pumpkin & leaves.

2. Serve with white rice.

2 comments:

  1. yang nih mmg peberet kita tau along! my mum ghajin juga wat cenggini.. klu sayur lemak tuh mkn ngan ikan goreng n sambal belacan..pergh! kaw kawww! ehehehee rindunyerrrr bila tgk along masak nih! eeeihhhhh! geram geram!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isyk, betul tu hana. Ikan goreng & sambal belacan tu mmg mesti kl masak sayur labu! Lagi best kl mkn ikan salai goreng cam kat atas tu...hehe. Siapkan list bila balik Msia nnt boleh ler mkn ni.... kl takde daun labu, sayur buah labu jek pun ok kan. Kat Jepun mesti ada labu...

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)