Search my Blog

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Chicken Feet

I discovered a container full of chicken feet in the freezer by surprise..... My maid Lela told me that she has been collecting them for the last few weeks. I wanted to free up some space in the freezer so I decided to cook them all at once. After pressure cooked, the feet get very tender and absorbed all the added flavor from the herbs. I consciously consumed it (high cholesterol) while enjoying the delicious dish but my children just happily finished the rest of it.

INGREDIENTS:
A plate of Chicken Feet
2 tbsp Oil
5 Shallots*
2 cloves Garlic*
1 inch Ginger*
1 tsp Pepper corns* (* pounded)
1-2 tbsp Chilli paste
1 Lemongrass - knocked a bit
Soya sauce sufficiently

METHOD:
1. Heat up oil in your pressure pot.
Fry lemongrass & all the pounded ingredients until fragrant.
Add in chilli paste & fry for a while until chilli paste is 'cooked' well.
Add in chicken feet and soya sauce sufficiently to cover the chicken feet.
No salt necessary. Add a bit of water just enough to cook the chicken feet.

2. Pressure cook according to your pressure pot instruction.
If you do not have pressure cooker, just cover & boil until they are tender.

3. Serve by itself or with white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)