Recently I bought a recipe book by Zubaidah Chepa and today I tried her recipe above. I must say that this is the best Moist Chocolate Cake that I have made so far and I give her 5 star rating for the recipe. Not only it is moist but also rich and tasty with right balance of sweet, chocolatie and not oily at all.
For ganache on the top I used the recipe by hana6877 from MR and the side Chocolate Butter Cream by Yochana. By the way this is my very first time decorating cake with icing...hahaha! (LOL)... indeed you can laugh at me....I know it is not perfect at all.....
(Makes 8½ inch diameter)
100g Cocoa Powder*
250g Castor Sugar*
1 tin Evaporated Milk*
200g Cooking Oil*
250g Condensed Milk*
4 Eggs (grade B)150g Plain Flour**
1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda**
1 tsp Baking Powder** (** combined)
1. Combine ingredients marked * & stir over heat for a while until smooth (no need to boil).
2. Beat eggs in another bowl until frothy & mix into chocolate mixture.
Add in sifted flour mixture and mix with beater at low speed until well mixed.
3. Pour into lined & greased tin.
Steam with medium fire for 1 hour or until cooked.
(Make sure water has been rapidly boiled before steaming the cake).
Cool before decorating.
3 tbsp Condensed Milk
¼ cup Cocoa Powder
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Fresh Milk
- Double boil all ingredients and pour right away onto cake.
CHOCOLATE BUTTER CREAM:
80g Icing Sugar
100g Chocolate - melted
- Beat all ingredients except chocolate. Mix in melted chocolate & ready to use.