Search my Blog

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Layered Cake - Batek Sutera

Lela is returning to Indonesia after been staying with me for 3½ years. I made this for her mum as Hari Raya gift.

The original recipe is from the book by Rabiah Amit. When I looked at the recipe, I was rather surprised with the sugar measurement, which seems to be too much. So I reduced it & I was right it was still quite sweet but not bad. The cake texture is soft & moist and smell soo... good.

INGREDIENTS:
450g Butter
250g Sugar (I reduced it to 200g)
10 Eggs
170g Kaya (Egg jam)
397g Condensed Milk
100g Horlicks
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
200g Plain Flour

METHOD:
1. Beat butter & sugar until light and white.
Beat in egg one by one while the machine is running.
Add in kaya, milk, Horlicks & vanilla essence while beating up at slow speed.
Lastly mix in flour.

2. Divide into 4 equal portions.
Leave two portions plain and colour the other two red & green.

3. Line & grease 8½ inch square tin.
Spread 2 scoop of plain batter & grill until top is brown.
Repeat until you finish one portion of plain batter.

4. Fill the red & green batter into a separate piping bag or sauce bottle.
Pipe diagonally, alternating green & red batter, on the plain layers.
Grill until top is brown.
Repeat until all green & red batter are finished up.

5. Spread 2 scoop of plain batter & grill until top is brown.
Repeat until you finish one portion of plain batter.
I bake at 180C at the last step to ensure cake is properly cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)