Search my Blog

Monday, May 25, 2009

Steamed Oreo Cheesecake

I've got a box of cream cheese which I need to clear out by the weekend. I was thinking to do layered cheesecake but was too busy & lxxx too. Just wanted to do something easy & quick. My boys suggested for Oreo Cheesecake but some ingredients not available. At the end this is what I came up with.... Enjoy this spongy cheesecake!

(Makes 8" round)
INGREDIENTS:
4 Eggs
- separated
100g Caster Sugar
250g Cream Cheese
160g Evaporated Milk
110g Superfine Flour
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1
½ tsp Nescafe + 1 tsp water
1 tbsp Browning / Choc Emulco
10 pcs Oreo cookies - crushed

METHOD:
1. Beat egg whites until soft peak & gradually add half of the sugar.
Beat until stiff.

2. Beat cream cheese with the remaining sugar until smooth.
Add in egg yolk gradually while beating until smooth.
Add in flour & milk alternately - mix well.
Add in vanilla essence.
Lastly mix in white egg mixture.
Take some portion & add in nescafe & browning.

3. Grease & line tin.
Pour in some white batter & sprinkle some crushed oreos.
Scatter few dollops of coffee batter. Cover with white batter & repeat until finished.
Marble the top with coffee batter.

4. Steam for 30 minutes.
I love it served hot.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a huge (silent) fan of your blog. I think you are such a fantastic cook and baker. Thanks so much for sharing all your recipes with us. This cheesecake looks really good!! I'm going to try it out. Just wondering... what do I do with the egg yolks? Do I add it to the cream cheese mixture?
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I just ask there is no egg yolk?

    Please advice


    Tks

    Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharm, Lilian,

    Thanks for pointing out. Indeed I left out the egg yolk in the recipe (must be sleepy). I've now updated it already.

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)