Search my Blog

Friday, August 7, 2009

Chocolate Roll Cake


Many people have tried this recipe from MR by Yani since she published it but I only got a chance to do so tonite. Also, I believe ones need reason & motivation in order to get something done. My reason is because I promise Michelle that I will find her Swiss Roll recipe for her to try. She wanted to come & watch but I thought I better try it alone first to avoid disappointment. The result is not bad for a first timer. So Michelle, do you wanna come over to do this? You are welcome anytime.

I sliced the roll just after an hour so smudge a bit. Will look cleaner if I wait longer until the filling is properly set. My two boys just did not have the patience since the mother has not been baking that often nowadays.... kesian...

Below is the recipe which I have translated from BM and refined for more details:

(Makes one 10" roll)
INGREDIENTS:
4 Eggs
- separated
50 Sugar
35g Flour* (I used Hongkong flour)
15g Cocoa Powder*
(*sifted together)

FILLING:
125g Cream Cheese
150g Whipping Cream

30g Sugar

1 tbsp Lemon juice


METHOD:
1. Preheat oven at 180C.

2. Beat egg whites until foamy.
Add sugar gradually & beat until stiff.
Add egg yolk & beat slowly.
Fold in flour & cocoa mixture gradually until just mixed.
Pour into lined & greased sandwich tin 10" x 12".

3. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool.

4. Beat the filling ingredients until smooth.
Place cake on a piece of wax paper.
Spread filling, roll lengthwise tightly.
Chill for 1-2 hours before slicing.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! The cake roll looks really yummy! Can't wait to try the recipe.. especially the roll technique.. we shall arrange a time to try it out again!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Michelle,
    Yes, it will be exciting to have you in my kitchen to try this out again. It is quite fast as baking time is only 10 minutes. Let me know when!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would be the English version for grams? Thank you. Dee

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)