Sunday, June 27, 2010
I learned how to enjoy Laksa Sarawak from my friend S, when we were close together way back in 1998. I wish you all the best in your new life.
Serves: 6-8 persons
1 packet (300g) MeeHoon - soaked & blanched
1 small bowl of Shrimps/Prawns
6 Shallots - pounded
1 packet (200g) Laksa Sarawak Paste
1/2 pot of Santan + Water (adjust thickness to your preference & enough to serve 6-8 persons)
1 Maggee Chicken cube
Garnishes - Sambal Belacan, Shredded Chicken meat, blanched Bean Sprout, Omelet, Lime, Fried Onions
1. Boil Chicken with little bit salt until tender.
Lift out the chicken & shred the meat for garnishes.
2. Using the same water that boiled the chicken, boil prawns until cooked.
Lift out the prawns & shelled for garnishes.
3. Heat up some oil & fry the pounded shallots until brown.
Add in Laksa Sarawak paste.
Add in the chicken/prawn stock reserved after boiling the chicken/prawns just now.
Add in Santan & chicken cube.
Add salt to taste & boil.
4. To make Sambal Belacan for the Laksa, fry 1/2 cup dried chili & blend with grilled belacan (1" sq) & 1/2 tsp sugar. Add salt if necessary.
5. Serve meehoon with gravy & garnishes....
Enjoy such a delicious Laksa Sarawak...!
Below is the paste that I used: