Search my Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Kari Kapitan

 Just one word about this dish.....sedap!

By: Roz@HomeKreation
Source: adapted from Amy Beh's book with some adjustment in ingredients & method
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 Chicken - cut into pieces 
3 tbsp Chili Paste*
5 Shallots*
1/2 Big Onion*
2 cloves Garlic*
3 Candlenuts*
1 cm Belachan*
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder* (* blended) 
1 Lemongrass - bruised 
Coconut Milk
1 Lime
Salt

METHOD:
Heat some oil & stir fry blended ingredients & lemongrass until fragrant.
Add in 1 tbsp coconut milk & stir until oil separates.
Add in chicken & salt, mix well & cover until chicken is almost cooked.
Add in coconut milk & let it boil & chicken is fully cooked.
Just before dishing out, squeeze lime juice in.

9 comments:

  1. Oooh...I love this type of curry! I think I've seen a few other bloggers who blogged on this type of thick curry chicken, if I've got the chance I wanna try all!! ...and I LOVE the aroma of lemongrass...pity my MIL doesn't. She says it's smelly. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, got belacan.
    My nyonya aunt cooked this once, but doesn't look anything like yours.
    Yours is so so so much better.
    Luckily she don't read blogs, hahahah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pasti sedap! Only see the picture, I already drooling :P I can eat a big plate rice with just only with the gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mouth is watering just reading this recipe, it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. look soooo yummy, make my mouth watering. leh try nnti untuk bukak posa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!! First time dropping by your kitchen! I love this curry too. Now you make me miss my mum's cooking, especially curry. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel,
    Yes, the lemongrass distinguish this from the typical curry dish....nyummy unless you don't like lemongras...hehe

    Wendy,
    Ya kah... hehe...thanks for the compliment.

    DG,
    Indeed the gravy is tasty even without the chicken but eating rice & gravy only cannot lah for me - must have the chicken lah...hehe

    Sally,
    You have such a great imagination....hehe

    Priya,
    Truely delicious, you should try...

    Kak Rose,
    Sure bhn2 pun dh ada kalau nak cuba, sbb tak byk kerenah... cuba tau.

    Rose,
    Thanks for dropping by. You can try to make the curry yourself, see if you can cook better than your mum...hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alamakkkkkkk, I'm late! Gosh, what a tempting chicken curry! Thanks for calling me over kak...hehehe! I want some for dinner now...ehehe ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)