Search my Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Banana Caramel Cake

 Sorry everyone, another banana recipe.... I promise you this is the last one that related to bananas this week.... hehe. This is a lovely cake which I am very glad that I tried. I shared the cake during lunch gathering at a friend's house and was a big hit. So moist and the whole combination of bananas, chocolate, walnut & caramel topping just make you drool & want more after every bites....!

This is my last entry this week..... see you when I'm back from holiday....taaaaa!
By: Roz@HomeKreation
Source: Stylish Cuisine (HomeKreation: I simplified the recipe to suit my reference & skipped the spices)

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups All-purpose Flour*
1/2 tsp Salt*
1 tsp Baking Soda* (* sift together) 
3 large Eggs
1¼ cup Veg Oil
1½ cup Sugar (HomeKreation: reduced fr 1¾ cup) 
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
¾ cup Walnuts - chopped coarsely 
3 oz Choc Chips / Chopped Choc
3 Ripe bananas - mashed 

CARAMEL:
½ cup Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Milk
4 tbsp Butter
- Prepare this 10 min before the cake is cooked.
- Boil for 5 min

METHOD:
1. Combine egg, oil & sugar & beat medium speed 2-3min.
Add in VE & mix 30 seconds.
With low speed, add in flour mixture bit by bit.
Lastly, fold in walnuts, choc chips & bananas.

2. Pour into buttered/floured tube pan.
Bake at 180C for 50 min.

3. Once the cake is out of the oven, poke holes all over the cake with a skewer.
Immediately pour the caramel over the cake, stopping every now and then to let the caramel sink in. 
If the caramel pools in spots, poke more holes to allow it to sink in.
Let the cake cool in the pan before unmold it.

9 comments:

  1. sedapnye along kek tu,nak2 malam2 camni tengok caramel die meleleh...huih,xtahan!!!! along nak g holiday ehhhh...selamat bercuti along....havu fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, wat a mindblowing and delectable cake..irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Banana and caramel sound delicious...and the cake look so moist and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caramel and Banana is really a good combination. memang sedap ni, very tempting. May be I'll try this weekend and tenguk result my banana caramel pula. Thanks Roz for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sekarang ni anak dah tak rajin nak layan dah kek..ashik layan kukis akak ajer..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam K'Roz,

    I know u r on holiday. Just wanna wish u Happy 21 st Anniversary!....Semoga bahagia selamanya hingga ke syurga...enjoy your honeymoon holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mimiey,
    Along dh balik... alhamdulillah, sonok tau.

    Priya, Zoe, Patty,
    Tq for dropping by to drool on my cake. Nice cake to try on.

    KakIna,
    Ya lah KakIna kan dh jadi toke sekut yg glamor skrg ni...hehe

    Maz,
    Wsalam. Thanks for being the 1st one to wish me on my anniversary! It is so good when someone remember! Amin2 on your doa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. made this pagi td ,sb tertarik kr mcm ada kelainan je..mmg sdp..bbaloi.tp i am sure yours are better.i combined egg,sugar,oil sebelum pukul,betulkan?And my caramel tak mgeras sblh atas spt dlm your pic..moist je..tp i akn buat lg in future sb i like it..i will also be waiting for"what cake is this".tq

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aini,
    Thanks for trying & gave feedback. Yes, betul lah combine the three before pukul. I actually put a timer to make sure I boil the caramel for 5 min because I didn't know what it supposed to look when ready, so u may want to do the same to ensure it harden like mine if you make again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)