Search my Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Beef & Potato Samosa

 I've been craving for this type of samosas for long time. I used to enjoy the best samosa of all from a Pakistan restaurant in Bayswater during my student time. The popiah skin has been sitting in my freezer over a month now and finally get to be eliminated from my to-do list. I've created the filling hoping to be as close possible to the taste from the Pakistan restaurant and I think it is very close enough - at least enough to satisfy my cravings for the samosas.... hehe...I'm happy! Even my hubby said "emmmmm...." while having his first bite.
Recipe Owner: Roz@HomeKreation
Makes 36 pieces
INGREDIENTS:
12 pieces Popiah Skin 8.5" sq
150g Minced Beef
4 Shallots*
2 cloves Garlic*
1 tsp Cumin*
1 tsp Fennel Seeds*
1 tsp Black Pepper* (* pounded) 
1 Big Onion - diced 
1 Green Chili - sliced 
1 tsp Curry Powder
2 potato - peeled & cut 4 & boiled 
Mixed Frozen Vegetables
Chinese Celery / Coriander
Salt

METHOD:
1. Heat up some oil & fry the pounded ingredients until fragrant.
Add in curry powder, big onion, green chili & salt.
Add in minced beef & stir well.
Add in Potato & mixed veg.
Mashed the potato a bit with spatula while stirring to mix well.
Cool.
2. Cut each of popiah skin into 3 strips.
Place a spoon of filling & roll into triangle shape.
Seal the edge with flour paste.
See below.
3. Deep fry until crispy.
Serve with chili sauce.

I made them quite a lot, enough to share with all of you.....hehe.

4 comments:

  1. buat minum petang mmg best nih...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super yummy samosa kak!!! Shall sub the beef with chicken...hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prety samosa, looks crispy and yummy! Thanks for sharing the photo-steps on how to fold samosa, it's very useful.

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)