Search my Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Lemongrass Chicken

 This is not today's dish but the one I cooked few days ago along the Nasi Lemak. I've been working till late hour lately and hence not cooking anything special tonight to share. Worst is I'm feeling so blue right now...  feeling so depressed.... I hope I feel better later... I know I will. Sorry for not blogwalking, hard to feel cheerful right now.... hubby is also not around on business travel...
Here is the recipe which AlongRiz likes so much. Let me type this slowly, hopefully I feel better later.

Recipe Owner: Roz@HomeKreation
Serves 6-7 persons
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 Chicken - cut about 15 pieces
1 Big Onion*
3 cloves Garlic*
3" Ginger"
2" Galangal*
1 Lemongrass*
1 tbsp Curry Powder*
1 tbsp Chili Paste*
1 tbsp Black Pepper Corns*
1 tsp Sugar*
Salt* (* Blended)
3 Lemongrass - cut each into 3 sections & bruised

METHOD:
1. Mix all & marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Heat up 1 cup of oil in a non-stick wok & pour all into it.
Stir occasionally & cook until chicken is cooked & marinated ingredients dry up.
Off fire & drain excess oil.

3. Serve with white rice or bread.

10 comments:

  1. salam along, kenapa ni moody2 ... ingatkan nor jer moody arini rupanya along pun moody gak ya.. meh kita ilang2kan moody tu.. meh hug.. hug.. love u always tau.. cheer up ok .. nite2 sleep tight & sweet dream.. mmmmmmmmuah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat a flavourful dish, looks absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam Roz, sedap tu. Roz buat deep fried ke? Tumis gitu aje. Nak cuba buat minggu ni la.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam.. Hi Kak Alongroz.. dah ok tak hari ni? Selamat berhujung minggu.. jangan moody2 ye.. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam sis,

    Pls don't feel that way...but I know we are just human....sometimes we just can't avoid it..Me too feeling so depressed this few days....usually cooking is the therapy...but dunno why i ressit to cook :(...i dah beli dah bahan2 nak buat mee suah tu cuma mood x sampai lagi.....dats why i bukak ur blog cos reading it make me happy...i hope u feel better now kay :)..take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. just want you to know that your blog is so inspirational! have recommended it to a number of friends.hope this week brings you much cheer! am still wanting to try your best fudge cake recipe- which would you recommend? one that's quick, delicious and i can make ahead and maybe even freeze for christmas! thank you for sharing all your wonderful recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. salam along lemongrass chicken ni nampak macam masak lemak cili api kering, tapi tak ada cili padinya tu.. i guess budak2 boleh makan bi sebab tak pedaskan along..

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG...That looks absolutely fabulous...Love the chicken...Check out the event in my blog...:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for nice words and comfort! I'm feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Minibaker,
    Thanks for letting me know. Good to know that you find my blog is useful.
    I will not recommend the first one as it turns dry & crumbly when refrigerated. The 2nd one is still moist after chilled but I would add more sugar the next time unless you use sweet ganache like what I did. The 3rd one is the best in my opinion but I didn't get the chance to chill it, so not sure how it would turn to.

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)