Sharing my recipes and those from various sources that I've tested in my kitchen... There are more than 1000 entries to browse through... Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do... Would love to hear your comments if you did try.
My hubby & I did not really like Kuih Kosui due to its undescribeable taste & smell (rasa kxxtxt) but looking at the recipe I couldn't understand why that is so. Somehow, I gave it a try today in order to clear up Gula Apong stock in my pantry. To our surprise it turned out to be delicious with nice aroma. The sweetness is moderate & not too sweet. Those who like this kuih must try this version.
The recipe I tried is from a magazine but while adding water I was not confident that the measurement from the recipe is correct. I decided to stop after adding only half of the water as it was already very runny. For aroma & color I added some browning which I bought by mistake (this is not the correct one for Sarawak cake):
I guess the browning must have enhanced the kuih flavour. My two sons thought I made chocolate kuih and they cannot guess it has no chocolate in it. So here is the recipe with modified amount of water and browning added to it:
(Makes 8" round) INGREDIENTS: 300g Gula Merah (I replaced it with Gula Apong) 200g Sugar 300g Flour* 100g Tapioca Flour* (* added) 1tsp Air Kapur (Lime water) Water (see method for measurement) 1 tbsp Browning Fresh Grated Coconut
METHOD: 1. Place both type of sugar in a pot with little water & cook until sugar is dissolved. Add water until it measures 1000ml (1 liter).
2. Slowly add sugar mixture into flour while stirring. Mix well until smooth. Add in Lime Water & browning.
3. Pour into oiled tin & steam above rapidly boiling water for 45 minutes.
4. Completely cool the kuih before cutting & coat with coconut. Note: while hot, the kuih is sticky and goey. Don't panic, it will firm up once cool.
1. Leave your message/questions in the "comments" below any posting. Sign your nick name if using anonymous option, or else question may not be entertained.
2. Join my Facebook. Please pm first before sending request so that I know that you are not spam.
1. All photos are HomeKreation STRICT copyright. 2. Information, photos and other content on this blog and related pages are property of HomeKreation or the originator as mentioned therein. 3. When testing recipes from this blogsite into your own blog publication please credit HomeKreation - link is provided above the recipe. Not doing so is deemed as CIPLAK which is illegal & unethical. 4. Strictly not allowed to reprint/republish any part of this blog pages, photos or recipes for commercial/personal benefit in any form without consent. 5. You are allowed to sell foods made from HomeKreation recipes....halal!