Search my Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sambal Tumis Cuttlefish (Sotong Katak)

I never tried this type of cuttlefish (called Sotong Katak in Bahasa Malaysia) but I was very curious when I saw fresh ones in the fish stalls. The fishmonger convinced me that it tastes good with thicker flesh. For testing, I only bought one cuttlefish which weighted almost 1 kg and cooked Sambal Tumis above. My hubby likes it but not me... don't like the texture which is thicker & firmer compared to squids.

I forgot to snap the cuttlefish photo but here is what I can find using Google search (hope the owner does not mind me borrowing). I'll replace with my own photo when I manage to snap later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)