Search my Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Black Getas

Actually I made this a couple of days ago from the leftover dough of Black Kuih Bom. The recipe produces a big batch of kuih so I reserved some of the dough & kept it in a fridge until ready for next consumption. To make kuih Getas I added a handful of fresh grated coconut to the dough, pressed a small portion into disk shape and deep fried (it puffed up slightly due to baking powder). Once all done I coated them with crystalised sugar syrup. I cannot describe how delicious the kuih was with the black glutinous aroma and spongy texture - I was non-stop drooling in each bite!! Will make this again in the coming weekend on the family demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)