Sharing my recipes and those from various sources that I've tested in my kitchen... There are more than 1000 entries to browse through... Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do... Would love to hear your comments if you did try.
We went back to my hometown recently for family gathering in a new house and to celebrate Liana's 1st birthday. It was such a big gathering with my other 9 siblings and families (except my sister who is working in Sabah). There were more than 40 of us on that night. The gathering was on 29th May, the day I arrived. Everything including food, birthday cake, house cleaning, etcs were arranged by my brothers & families. The 3kg cake above was ordered by Pak Ndak from a bakery belonged to my neighbour, with Liana's face painted on the cake.... nice eh...hehe.
The family gathering was fun with loads of foods, jokes and hilarious moments. Then the next day was a more serious event with friends invited for prayer & tahlil for my arwah father. I was too busy to snap photos but the menus were:
1st day family gathering menu:
- Mak Ndak special kuey teow soup
- Bamboo Lemang by Pak Long with Beef Rendang by Opah
- Bolied Lemang with Mak Ndak Beef Rendang
- Nasi Himpit & Peanut Sauce (prepared by my mum)
- Cup cakes (bought)
- Spiral Curry puffs (Chef Ina - my niece)
- Roti John & burgers (chef Ina)
- Barbeques (chicken, seafood balls, sausages, etcs)
- Roti Canai (bought)
- Coleslaw (by Acik, my sister)
- Boiled Chickpeas (by Makcik)
- Assorted fruits (durian, langsat, mangosteen, laici, rambutans, red & yellow watermelon)
(could be more.... well, no wonder Malaysians are well known for great eating habits...!)
2nd day Tahlil menu:
Beef Rice, Dalca, Chicken Masak Merah, fresh Satay (grilled on the location), salad, poppadom, Bubur Gandum, Agar2 Lumut, Puding Kastad, fruits, etcs. All guests walked away with a bag of door gifts (a pair of glasses & cupcake).
... that were not all, we had third day gathering on Fri 4th Jun when my sister & her family arrived from Sabah. I took turn to prepare for a simple menu: Spaghetti Bolognaise, Mushroom Soup, BBQ (garlic bread, jacket potatoes, chicken wings/drumsticks). Some pot lucks: Laksa Penang (Mak Ndak), Bandung Jelly (Mak Long), Kuih Lepat (Syuk's mum), Durians (Pak Ndak), Nasi Briani (Acik Nor).... walaaaa.... makan-makan....!
1. Leave your message/questions in the "comments" below any posting. Sign your nick name if using anonymous option, or else question may not be entertained.
2. Join my Facebook. Please pm first before sending request so that I know that you are not spam.
1. All photos are HomeKreation STRICT copyright. 2. Information, photos and other content on this blog and related pages are property of HomeKreation or the originator as mentioned therein. 3. When testing recipes from this blogsite into your own blog publication please credit HomeKreation - link is provided above the recipe. Not doing so is deemed as CIPLAK which is illegal & unethical. 4. Strictly not allowed to reprint/republish any part of this blog pages, photos or recipes for commercial/personal benefit in any form without consent. 5. You are allowed to sell foods made from HomeKreation recipes....halal!