Search my Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bitter Gourd with Potato & Egg

Actually I wanted to make bitter gourd stuffed with potato but I was rushing after returning from office today and ended up stir fry everything in  the wok. The taste is still the same except the presentation. Cooking this way eliminate the bitter taste of the veg - my children didn't even realised that they were eating bitter gourd.

Source: HomeKreation (my mum's recipe)
INGREDIENTS:
1 small Bitter Gourd
A handful Shrimps - chopped
1 Potato - diced small
1 Egg
3 Shallots*
1 clove Garlic*
1 Red Chili* (* pounded)
1/4 cup Coconut Milk
Salt

METHOD:
Heat up few tbs oil & fry the pounded ingredients until fragrant.
Add in potato & stir until cooked.
Add in shrimps & bitter gourd & cook 2 more minutes.
Add in coconut milk & let it boil.
Break in egg & stir until done.

1 comment:

  1. Actually the chinese usually just fry the bitter gourd with eggs...Didn't know that Malays also eat them...But this is indeed a great way of preparing it...coconut milk and chillies?? Shrimps some more...good I must remember this coz my son doesn't like the bitter gourd too...But my husband and MIL just simply love the bitterness. Talk about different taste buds...

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)