Search my Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cornflakes Cookies

My third homemade cookies.... This is really good and very crunchy. I've been looking for a good recipe and the few versions I tried earlier on were not as expected and very glad that I found what I've been wanting finally. The texture is light with moderate sweetness and most importantly the cornflakes stay crunchy after baked.

By: Roz@HomeKreation
Source: Sue (forum)
Makes about 100 pieces
INGREDIENTS:
150g Butter
80g Icing Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
50g Cornflour
180g Plain Flour
80g Cornflakes - crushed

METHOD:
1. Cream butter & sugar until fluffy.
Add in egg yolk & beat until well mixed.
Add in cornflour & mix well.
Add in plain flour gradually.
Add in cornflakes.

2. Roll into small balls and coat with more cornflakes.
Bake at 175C for 10 minutes.
Cool & keep in an airtight container.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Lady, wow! I love this cookies. Love your presentation too.
    I think with iced coffee, 7 pieces might go well with me, ha ha.
    I guess you ada Black Belt in baking, huh? Cooking too.

    Would you mind if I copy your this cookies....bila I buka cherita about cakes ke food, will put it in, credit to you of course.
    Ada Royalty ke surat lawyer nak sign?
    Or kena belanjar teh tarek ke nasi lemak? Ha ha.

    You have a pleasant buka puasa and a happy hari Merdeka. And keep a song in your heart, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, I lupa, love your cute baby, real beautiful eyes. Ikut mak dia, *wink*. Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle Lee,
    Hello and thank-you for your note. Just a humble blog with only homely touch but you gave me too much compliment - makes me feel good anyway...hehe. Wah, you really know how to melt people's heart, so here you go a full jar of cornflakes cookies for you - feel free to share... no need surat lawyer but don't mind teh tarek & nasi lemak...hehe. Thanks for your wishes. Such a lovely note which already put song in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it's such a pain to search for the perfect recipe... I truly understand that.
    I am still searching for my perfect apam balik recipe, haha!!

    BTW, I love cornflake cookies, don't forget to leave some for me bila balik taiping tau!!!
    aku duduk dekat je.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam, thanks for sharing the recipe. Saya ada cuba dan modify a bit. Saya guna tepung kastard sedikit, tambah 50g serbuk badam and add plenty of choc chips.

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)