I had this in the women network's party prepared by Shuxian last week and it was delicious... I did not have enough but on the other hand I didn't want to overeating. So I decided to have another round and made for dinner last night....
5 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
4 cloves Garlic - chopped
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)Salt & Pepper
(Note: You can substitute with your favourite vegetables)
1. Heat up EVOO & stir fry garlic until golden brown.
Pour olive oil & garlic into a salad bowl.
2. Add in the rest & mix well.
For info, the Balsamic Vinegar is not just rich in taste and flavour but also good for health. Here are the health benefits that I copied from one website:
- Balsamic has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties which make it an effective remedy for treating infections and wounds.
- Folk healers used balsamic to cure body pain and as energizer.
- Balsamic vinegar contains powerful antioxidant called polyphenols which fight cell damage and boost our immune system.
- The antioxidant in balsamic have also the potential to protect against heart disease, cancer, and other inflammatory conditions.
- Balsamic can help boost the activity of the digestive enzyme pepsin thus improving metabolism.
- Balsamic may help control diabetes. Study suggests that by adding as little as five teaspoons of the vinegar with a meal can improve insulin sensitivity. Better insulin sensitivity means better diabetes control and lowered risk of dangerous complications.
- Balsamic can reduce cholesterol level.
- Balsamic antioxidant may slow the aging process.
- Balsamic reduces the frequency of headaches.
- Balsamic contains important minerals that can strengthen the bones.
- Balsamic can help prevent anemia and fatigue.
- Balsamic can help suppress appetite and therefore an aid in controlling weight.