Thursday, November 18, 2010
Nor (Tganu) making baked black pepper beef from her qurban meat and that gave me an idea to do the same. I gave a kg of the beef to my friend Hatta and he told me that he made pan-grill steak. So I decided to do something along those ideas.
I made two portions, one was rare & the other was well done. Only me and AngahRuz enjoyed rare steak which is more juicy and tender. The steak was very tasty and the Thai chili sauce wasn't really necessary.
Here is how I made mine:
500g Beef - about 1" thick
Black Pepper sauce
1. Marinate beef with black pepper sauce (I marinated 6 hours in fridge).
2. Heat up grill pan (pan with raised ridges) with some olive oil until really hot.
3. Pour olive oil on meat & place in the grill pan.
4. Cook one side for 5 min without touching.
5. Flip & cook another 5 min.
Let it rest for 5 min with heat off.
a. Do not overcook otherwise the meat will be tough.
b. Do not prick the meat while cooking as you will spoil the taste if doing so.
6. Slice thinly & serve with Thai chili sauce.