Search my Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chicken in Kaprau Sauce (Ayam Masak Ala Kaprau)

My first attempt
 I made this last week but was unable to post it because my phone line and internet were down and then I was away on business travel. I made the same dish again after return specially for my hubby because he wasn't around when I made it the first time. The fact that I made it twice within a week indicated that we all love this dish. I love the combination of Tom Yum paste and basil leaves giving special flavour and aroma.... Furthermore, it is so simple to make with no fussy preparation.....
My 2nd attempt
By: Roz@HomeKreation
Source with compliment: KakJee
English translation by HomeKreation
Recipe modified to suit my available ingredients and preferred measurements, for original recipe refer to to the source. I used chicken instead of beef.
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 Chicken - cut 
2 cube Tom Yum Paste
1 Big Onion - cut 8 
Mixture of Green/Red/Bird-Eye Chillies
3 tbsp Thai Chilli Sauce
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 bunch Basil Leaves

METHOD:
1. Heat up few tbsp oil & stir fry tom yum paste until fragrant.
Add in chicken, chilli sauce & soy sauce.
Cover until chicken is cooked.

2. Open the cover and add in big onion, chillies & cooked until onion is slightly soften.
Add in basil leaves and stir until well mixed.
Dish up & serve immediately with white rice.
********************************


BAHASA MALAYSIA VERSION
Suatu kelainan dan rasa yang istimewa bagi yang suka daun selasih.... nyum2, menjilat jari... Maceh KakJee kongsi resepi yg best ni.

Sumber: KakJee 
Resepi di ubah suai menggunakan bahan yg sedia ada dan sukatan ikut selera sendiri. Untuk resepi asal, sila rujuk link kat sumber.
BAHAN2:
1/2 ekor Ayam - potong
2 kiub Tom Yam
1 bj Bwg Besar - potong 8 
Campuran Cili Merah/Hijau/Padi
3 sb Sos Cili Thai
2 sb Kicap
1 ikat Daun Selasih

CARA2:
1. Panaskan minyak & tumis kiub tom yam sehingga wangi.
Masukkan ayam, sos cili & kicap.
Tutup sehingga ayam masak.

2. Buka tutup periuk & masukkan bwg besar & cili dan masak sehingga bwg layu sedikit.
Masukkan daun selasih & gaul rata.
Hidangkan segera dgn nasi putih.

2 comments:

  1. Salam.. Kak Alongroz cayang, nampak menarik sangat. Menu baru ni.. First time dengar kaprau sauce..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalammualaikum Along


    Masakan letak tomyam nampak sedap.....boleh cuba.Liana apa kabar, sihat tak?

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)