Search my Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2009

White Butter Cake




My children were complaining yesterday that I only made the cake for my friend but none for them. To make it up, today I made this cake which recipe is from Auntie Yochana. My whole family is very impressed - not only the texture is soft but it is so buttery delicious with crispy crust when it is hot. It is the best butter cake I ever eaten so far despite it only uses egg whites.

Thank-you so much Yochana for sharing the recipe. I have converted the measurements to gram for readers' convenience and my own future reference:

(Makes 8½" square)
INGREDIENTS:
225g Butter
1¾ cup / 340g Sugar
½ tsp Salt (I skipped)
3¼ cup / 440g Cake Flour* (I used Hongkong flour)
1½ tbs Baking Powder* (*sifted together)
1 cup Fresh Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
5 Large Egg Whites (165g)

METHOD:
1. Cream butter, sugar & salt until white & fluffy.
Add in flour & milk alternately & mix well with slow speed.
Add in vanilla essence.

2. Whisk egg whites until soft peak.
Add into the butter mixture & mix well.

3. Pour into lined & greased tin.
Bake at 180C for 60 minutes.

1 comment:

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)