Search my Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2009

White Butter Cake




My children were complaining yesterday that I only made the cake for my friend but none for them. To make it up, today I made this cake which recipe is from Auntie Yochana. My whole family is very impressed - not only the texture is soft but it is so buttery delicious with crispy crust when it is hot. It is the best butter cake I ever eaten so far despite it only uses egg whites.

Thank-you so much Yochana for sharing the recipe. I have converted the measurements to gram for readers' convenience and my own future reference:

(Makes 8½" square)
INGREDIENTS:
225g Butter
1¾ cup / 340g Sugar
½ tsp Salt (I skipped)
3¼ cup / 440g Cake Flour* (I used Hongkong flour)
1½ tbs Baking Powder* (*sifted together)
1 cup Fresh Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
5 Large Egg Whites (165g)

METHOD:
1. Cream butter, sugar & salt until white & fluffy.
Add in flour & milk alternately & mix well with slow speed.
Add in vanilla essence.

2. Whisk egg whites until soft peak.
Add into the butter mixture & mix well.

3. Pour into lined & greased tin.
Bake at 180C for 60 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Waa cake tu nampak gebu and sedap.. yum yum yum

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)