As opposed to cup cakes, muffins are typically a bit heavier & denser. This recipe produces moist & soft muffins although a bit heavy. My hubby loves it but not the children due to strong orange flavour from the peel.
I dare not mention the blog where I've got the recipe as she has deleted the recipe from her blog as instructed by the police (who said that poppy seeds is illegal...!). Poppy seeds is categorised as spice and not drug. You can get some info about poppy seeds here .
300g Self-raising Flour - sifted*
40g Poppy Seeds* (*mixed)
90g Caster Sugar
130g Unsalted Butter
200g Marmalade Jam
1 tbsp Grated Orange Rind
1. Put butter and marmalade jam into a bowl and microwave it till butter melts.
Stir and mix evenly. Cool slightly.
2. Whisk together milk, eggs and orange rind.
Add in the butter mixture and mix well.
3. Make a well in the flour mixture and pour egg mixture.
Fold gently with a spoon until just combined and should be a bit lumpy.
(Do not overmix - overmixing will make them tough)
4. Spoon mixture into prepared paper cups and bake at 190C for about 20 to 25 mins or until muffins are risen and golden.
878. PUCUK UBI, PETAI, KERANG MASAK LEMAK
4 hours ago