Sharing my recipes and those from various sources that I've tested in my kitchen... There are more than 1000 entries to browse through... Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do... Would love to hear your comments if you did try.
I straight away wrote down yoghurt in my shopping list after I saw the cake at Ijan's house but there were just too many hurdles to get it done. I am so glad I finally get to make it tonight and actually it took me only about 10 minutes to prepare it. I was so surprise by the outcome .... very rich, super moist and most of all crazily delicious! Thanks Ijan for sharing such a delectable recipe.
Here is the recipe which I rewritten for my own ease of reference. You can check the original recipe by Ijan here.
(Makes thin 8" round) INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Flour* 1/2 tsp BPowder* 1 tsp BSoda* 6 tbsp Cocoa Powder* 3/4 cup Caster Sugar* (* Mixed) 1/2 cup Oil 1 tsp Coffee + 1/4 cup Hot Water 1/4 cup Milk 1/4 cup Yoghurt 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
METHOD: 1. Preheat oven at 170C.
2. Mix all ingredients marked*. Add in the rest ingredients one by one by order. Use hand whisk to mix until well combined.
3. Bake for 30 min. Cool & cover with frosting. (Below is the original frosting recipe from Ijan but I did not use it. Mine is simply a mixture of condensed milk & milo).
3 tbsp Marg/Butter
1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
3-4 tbsp Milk
a. In a medium size bowl add the margarine, powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Start beating with an electric mixer on low speed. At this stage it may seem to be very dry. Don’t panic. Wait until you add the milk.
b. Add milk little by little and continue beating the mixture till you get a nice spreadable consistency.
Now transfer the cake to a plate and start frosting it.
c. Cool down in fridge for at least one hour (the texture of the frosting will look better after at least one hour in fridge).
1. Leave your message/questions in the "comments" below any posting. Sign your nick name if using anonymous option, or else question may not be entertained.
2. Join my Facebook. Please pm first before sending request so that I know that you are not spam.
1. All photos are HomeKreation STRICT copyright. 2. Information, photos and other content on this blog and related pages are property of HomeKreation or the originator as mentioned therein. 3. When testing recipes from this blogsite into your own blog publication please credit HomeKreation - link is provided above the recipe. Not doing so is deemed as CIPLAK which is illegal & unethical. 4. Strictly not allowed to reprint/republish any part of this blog pages, photos or recipes for commercial/personal benefit in any form without consent. 5. You are allowed to sell foods made from HomeKreation recipes....halal!