Search my Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Batik Jelly (Agar-Agar Batik)

 I made this jelly for the party yesterday. It is very simple and was one of the first thing I learn to make when I was in primary school. In the old days I never measured the ingredients but just throw in things by trial & error. Also, there was no simple ingredients such like jelly powder so I used jelly strips instead. In here, I've simplified the method & ingredients and ones have no excuse not to try out yourselves.

Source: HomeKreation
Makes 8" sq
INGREDIENTS:
1 packet (13g) Jelly powder
1.2 liter Water
170g Sugar
1/2 cup Condensed Milk / Sweetened Creamer
250ml Fresh Milk
3/4 cup Milo

METHOD:
1. Boil jelly powder & water until it dissolved.
Add in sugar & stir occasionally until dissolved.
Add in condensed milk & fresh milk.

2. Pour half of the jelly mixture into a tin.
Add Milo to the remaining half & stir until well dissolved.
Wait until both mixture are cool.
Scoop the milo portion & gently drip randomly onto the white portion to create batik pattern.
The DON'Ts:
- Do not do drip the milo portion into the white portion while the two mixture are hot otherwise the colors get mixed.
- Do not stir the mixture
- Do not move the tin until the jelly is set.

3. Let it set at room temperature.
Chill before serve.

8 comments:

  1. The day is so hot... I can eat half a pan of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bestnya agar2.. Lagi best kalau makan lepas dah masuk dlm peti sejuk.. yummmy..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy...I'm bookmarking this! Wait till my sore throat goes off! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, maybe I'll try this when my sons've recovered from their cough, flu and fever...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for recipes post in your blog.
    keep post latest updates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Mme

    I would like to know that if we can use agar agar powder for jelly?

    Thank You
    Love your recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)