here.... both are equally good but I will just go for the simpler one i.e. without the trouble to prepare for the tangzhong which is time consuming.
Source: Dodol & Monchi (I've rewritten the recipe for my ease of reference, you can refer to he link for more detail explanation)
(Makes 8"x4"x4" loaf)
280g Bread Flour
200g Wholemeal Flour
10g Instant Yeast
5g Salt (reduced from orig recipe)
1 Egg - slightly beaten
1. Place all dry ingredients in a breadmaker, followed by all the wet ingredients.
Process until well mixed & drop in butter.
Let it process until dough is ready.
2. Divide into 4 equal portions, cover & rest 15min.
Flatten each & roll & place in a greased tin.
Cover with plastic cling & let it rise until 80% full.
Bake for 190C for 30 min or until brown (Orig recipe suggest 180C is too low for my oven).
TANGZHONG / WATER ROUX:
50g Breadflour250g Water/Milk
- Mix & heat over low heat & stir continuously until it reahes 65C or when traces of lines are visible.
- Place in a bowl & cover with plastic cling to avoid skin from forming.
- Cool to room temperature before use.
- Can keep in fridge up to 2 days but ensure keep to room temperature before use.