Last 24th Dec was our 22nd wedding anniversary, syukur alhamdulillah..... we both are healthy and blessed with happiness and strong love for each other, children and our extended families. This year we celebrated our anniversary by gathering all our relatives in Taiping - almost 50 of us gathered in the house in Taiping. There were few of my nephews/nieces/grandniece who could not attend and of course not forgotten my own eldest son who is studying in Pennsylvania State University. The gathering was really fun with a lot of laughters and feeling of togetherness... very warm with love! It is the best anniversary celebration we ever had...!
ok, let's check the menu that I prepared for the day. The selection was based on popular requests.
1. Kek Lapis Peppermint (most popular layered cake for the occassion)
2. Kek Lapis Intan Terpilih (uniquely delicious with salted cheese crackers were complimented by most)
3. Kek Lapis Pisang Poppyseed (also equally complimented for moist and surprise crunchy bits)
4. Apam Dot-Dot (from my niece EnaTw2 - very popular amongst small kids)
5. Moist Chocolate Cake (from KakNgahEla - who can reject chocolate....)
6. Bingka Labu (requested by my 4th brother and for makcik2 & pakcik2 memang laku....heeee)
7. Pandan & Coconut Jelly (no one can resist the unique pandan and coconut combination...!)
8. Lompat Tikam Sagu (my popular dessert amongst friends & families besides in the blogworld)
9. Kek Buah Kukus (from my sister Akmal - well done my sis)
10. Tiramisu (gone in a blink! Tens of plates around me the moment I took it out from the fridge....LOL)
11. Nasi Goreng Ayam (on average 3 plates per person....LOL!)
12. Sup Tulang (to compliment the rice)
13. Laksa Sarawak (1st time introducing it to all my families....so-so, some not used to its unique spice taste)
14. Fresh Mango Juice (the mangoes were from my backyard in Miri)
15. Kopi Kaw
The gathering ended past midnight and most of the food were finished with big compliments to the host and chef....LOL (very satisfied to be able to treat my families and most of all my mom's certification of food quality....hehe).
|Most popular dessert of the day|
|Main meals (rice & laksa) were served in the patio under the moonshine.... (with lighting too of course...hehe)|
|Late snap, half of chicken in the 2nd pot were already gone|
|Fresh Mango Juice|