Search my Blog

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Apam Eno

   This has been in my to-do list for quite a while... a must do since my youngest son loves to eat Rice Apam. Started it first thing in the morning, left it to ferment for 7 hours & steamed it for our evening tea. It did not turn out perfectly as expected.... look at the top photos and you can see freckles all over the kuih! The "smiles" were not so widely opened... uwaaaaa... how devastating!
   I figured out that the freckles were probably due to Eno that was not properly dissolved. So I let the last uncooked batch to rest for about 10 minutes before steaming... seems that the freckles were clear - see the green ones. So my theory could be right.
   Apart from the Eno problem, the kuih is soft and good. I served the apams with desicated coconut to balance the bland taste. With so much effort but at the end the targeted customer (I meant my son lah) did not like it much.... :(

Recipe taken from MyR_Zara Klate.

(Makes about 26 pieces)
INGREDIENTS:
300g Rice Flour
10g Sugar
1 tbs Yeast
300ml Water
3 tsp Eno

METHOD:
1. Mix well all ingredients except Eno.
Ferment it overnight in room temperature.

2. Divide into 3 portions & color each.
Add 1tsp Eno into each color.
Steam for 15 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. tıpkı baharın renkleri gibi rengarenk olmuş keklerin ellerine sağlık.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masa mama buat apam ni dulu, mama punya pun ada banyak freckles. Hehehe.. Mama kata, chickenpox. Hihi.. janji sedap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayse,
    o bkz. be Malaysian geleneksel vapur pasta.

    Mamafami,
    hehehe.... kalau call chickenpox kang ada lak yg takut nk makan... jangkit...!

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)