I fried the first one very lightly as I was worried that the ice cream melts if I fry too long. I fried the next batch a little longer trying as an experiment and so fortunate that the ice cream was still solid & frozen inside. The tips is make sure the oil is really hot and the ice cream is frozen hard.
Source: Zana (Translated into English)
Ice Cream - choose your favourite flavour
Oil for deep frying
1. Roll the bread slices flat with rolling pin.
2. Scoop ice cream onto one slice of bread.
Place another slice of bread on top.
Cut out using a glass.
SEE STEP-BY-STEP PICTURES BELOW.
Repeat as many as you like.
3. Keep them in an air tight container in freezer for at least 3 hours or overnight.
4. Heat up oil in a wok for deep frying (make sure the oil is really hot).
Deep fry the frozen ice cream & flip when necessary, until golden & crisp on the outer. Do it quickly for about 1 minute.
5. Serve immediately.
The pictures below are my second batch which I fried little longer:
Step-by-step on how to cut out the sandwiched ice cream:
BAHASA MALAYSIA VERSION
AIS KRIM GORENG
Source: Zana (Resipi di taip semula utk mudah rujuk)
Ais Krim - flavour kegemaran
Minyak utk menggoreng
1. Gelekkan kepingan roti sehingga padat.
2. Letakkan seketul aiskrim ke atas sekeping roti.
Leakkan sekeping roti ke atas nya.
Potong dgn menggunakan gelas.
RUJUK GAMBAR STEP-BY-STEP DIATAS.
Buat lah seberapa byk yg suka.
3. Simpan dlm bekas kedap udara & bekukan selama 3 jam atau semalaman.
4. Panaskan minyak sehingga betul2 panas.
Goreng kepingan ais krim sekejap sahaja, lebih kurang 1 minit, sehingga garing di luar nya.
5. Hidangkan segera.