Search my Blog

Friday, September 5, 2008

Pineapple with Otak-Otak Sauce

Everything on my menu today is easy & quick to prepare... what to do.... I'm a busy mum... The important is I get something on the table for the family in time for breaking-off fast.

Here is how I prepared the Otak-Otak (shrimp paste) sauce:

INGREDIENTS:
1 jar unflavoured Otak-Otak
3 tbsp Chilli paste
few Chilli Padi - pounded
1 tbsp Heinz Vinegar
1 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Sesame
Some grinded roasted Peanuts

METHOD:
1. Place all ingredients, except peanuts, in a pot.
Add some water if the Otak-Otak paste is too thick.
Stir until boiled & cook for 10-15 minutes above small fire.

2. Serve with your favorite vegetables like pineapples, cucumber, Rose Apple (Jambu Air), Guava, etcs. Sprinkle grinded peanuts on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)